Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pebbles In The Sand

The buzz was there since long,
even before you could be called mine,
it was nothing I could stop or curb,
nobody knew about that fine line.
A growing bond soon ensued,
with a revelation of sorts in store,
the friendship never died out,
but a new love came to the fore.

I've waited and waited so long for this,
and I've taken so long to understand,
that I was wrong when all was right,
and love wasn't a pebble in the sand.

I made it true, gems seemed to lose their shine,
spending time elsewhere seemed strange,
yet everytime I looked away from you,
I knew that I'd soon be seeing a change.
It happened one day, I still regret it,
the feeling seemed to be a distant one,
but I knew that this was a fitting end,
to all my wishes and my long, long run.

I'd waited and waited so long for this,
and I'd taken so long to understand,
that I was wrong when all was right,
and love wasn't a pebble in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment