Monday, October 19, 2009

What I See

I look out my window,
here's what I see,
a parrot and a sparrow,
perched upon a tree.

A child getting up,
after a nasty bike fall,
and two grown up men fighting,
having a petty brawl.

A cloud drifting slowly
across a purple sky,
a red floating kite
as though waiting for July.

A stranger chatting away,
busy on the phone,
and a vagabond sleeping
on the road all alone.

A posh car speeding away,
time is money folks,
and a passing bunch of friends,
laughing loudly, cracking jokes.

A street lamp flickering violently,
an old lady complaing about it,
and a man carrying a little child,
looking for a place to sit.

I'll see this for the rest of my days.
I love every moment that's been played.
I probably will change the things I see.
Maybe in a day's time, maybe a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment